All texts and images by Gaelle Konak (unless stated)




Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Weakness

It's so easy to lose touch with oneself. It seems to me that everything around me conspires to distract me, lead me astray, make me forget where I want to go, where I'm heading. How to resist the daily pressure of conformity and shallow living, borderline, merely brushing what life really is and what we really are? I'm scared of giving in, letting the sirens' songs draw me into the deep, falling into that empty slumber, forgetting... I'm scared because I do not know what to do to stay in touch, stay awake and shine, how to stay alive, how to pass on the message, my message, how to be me. The weakness. The words once written at the dawn of consciousness crawl back to me with a bitter taste of déjà-vu : wrestling with this complex, shapeless thing that is my life, I still don't know how to use it, and it's getting worn, and I'm going nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment