All texts and images by Gaelle Konak (unless stated)




Monday 30 May 2011

The Wave

The rebellious bitterness. Creating in order to tame the wave that so insidiously grows and grows, darker and darker, heavy and threatening to crush me again. At blows with my life, my body and myself. No one is winning but everyone is getting hurt and damaged and scarred, and the grudge which is barely remembered is never forgiven. I can't let go. So just make it quiet again. Remind me of what matters, above us, above me, above God. Remind me of the way out, the escape, the only mercy. Starve me from this self-destructive taste and turn the knife away. You, the only hand I can ever stretch to myself to pull me out of the shadow of the mounting wave. Saved. Until the next tide.




No comments:

Post a Comment